Specializing in IRS Tax Resolution
Negotiating Tax Settlement – Legal Support for Individuals throughout Michigan and Beyond!
Our Tax Resolution Attorneys are experienced in all matters including tax resolution, tax dispute, and general concerns relating to IRS tax and debt relief. Our lawyers are extremely knowledgeable in the local, state, and federal tax code, and can help you today! Our legal team works with clients throughout Michigan, Oakland County, Wayne County and Beyond. If you have an IRS tax dispute please contact us immediately. Let’s get started rebuilding your financial future.
Contact our Experienced Law Firm For Help With Negotiating Tax Settlements.
Settling tax debt with the IRS or a state tax agency is a frustrating and intimidating task. Not recommended, delinquent taxpayers may consider self-representation with the IRS. The best option is to hire knowledgeable professionals, i.e. IRS Tax Attorneys, CPAs, and Certified Tax Resolution Specialists in order to negotiate and settle tax debt.
CONTACT US TODAY!
20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE | TAX RESOLUTION CASES
“ We understand the needs for professionalism, privacy and confidentiality in our relationship with our clients. Our Tax Resolution Law Firm will work with you to resolve your tax concerns, effectively and efficiently!”
Looking for an Experienced Attorney for Negotiating a Tax Settlement for You? We can help!
To collect tax debt owed, the IRS has the power to garnish wages, seize assets, and place liens on property. However, the IRS is willing to work with a taxpayer to settle and collect tax debt owed to the federal government.
Avoid increasing the amount owed by working with the IRS to pay off debt in a timely manner using a settlement plan shown below.
- Installment agreement – A monthly payment plan to pay off tax debt.
- Partial payment installment –Long term installment plan used to pay off tax debt rather than one lump sum.
- Offer in Compromise – This program involves settlement of tax debt for less than the original amount.
Qualification proof will allow for a lump sum payment or a short term reduced amount payment plan.
- Not currently collectible – In this situation, the IRS agrees to delay tax debt collection for the period of one year or longer. Proof of inability to pay allows the IRS to consider a declaration of uncollectible debt status.
Inability to pay must be established before the taxpayer may file an appeal in order to avoid an IRS levy, seizure of assets, liens on property, and denial of termination of a settlement agreement.
- Bankruptcy – A last resort option, the taxpayer may be eligible to file under the Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Code. While Chapter 7 allows for full discharge of allowable tax debt owed, Chapter 13 allows for a payment plan to repay some of the tax debt while the remainder amount may be discharged.
- Wage Garnishments – The IRS has the power to garnish wages until the tax debt is fully paid off or until the time limitation of legally collecting tax debt has expired. During settlement, there may be room to bargain on garnishment.
- Bank Levy – The IRS may issue a bank levy in order to seize cash in checking or savings accounts in an effort to collect tax debt. As part of the process to resolve and settle tax debt with the IRS, obtain a release of the bank levy.
- Innocent Spouse Relief – If a taxpayer inherits tax debt from a spouse, and proof is provided that circumstances fit within IRS guidelines for innocent spouse tax relief, a taxpayer may not be held liable for tax debt owed to the IRS.
Expiration of Statute of Limitations: The IRS has 10 years to collect all taxes, penalties, and interest owed by a taxpayer. The taxpayer should monitor the 10 year limitation period and work with the IRS to settle delinquent tax debt.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Negotiate Tax Settlements – Tax Attorney
Over the past 20 years, our tax dispute and resolution law firm, has helped numerous clients achieve peace of mind by successfully negotiating the best possible resolution to their IRS and other tax problems. Sometimes unavoidable circumstances place you in a position where you require the best IRS tax resolution firm. You can trust the Law Offices of Peter C. Rageas, for affordable, effective and aggressive tax relief.
Let Us Know How We Can Help
Michigan IRS Tax Relief & Tax Resolution Attorney
If you are experiencing serious tax debt, you should take immediate action to resolve your tax problem. IRS debts do require immediate action, most importantly, you should protect yourself against potential financial penalties. Whether your tax debt is old, recent, or personal, your liability can become worse over time. If you need help to resolve your tax debt obligation, Michigan IRS tax relief lawyer Peter C. Rageas, is ready to meet with you to begin negotiating a new start.
Peter C. Rageas specializes in tax resolution by maximizing his clients rights afforded to them by law, and helping them end their IRS tax problem. With over 20 years experience, rest assured you are in good hands! Contact our law firm today and let’s get on the road to tax relief. Remember, the longer you delay in resolving your tax problem, the greater chance the IRS will take drastic action to collect. Please call the tax specialists at Peter C. Rageas, and let’s get started!
When it comes to owing IRS debt, one thing is for certain, the more help you have from an experienced law firm, the better! Attorney Rageas, has been protecting hard-working individuals from IRS bank levies, garnishments, liens, and more. Start saving in back taxes, penalties, interest, and more today!
Law Offices of Peter C. Regeas
400 Monroe Ave #620
Detroit, MI 48226
Phone: (313) 315-2272
MAP & DIRECTIONS
Our tax resolution and IRS tax dispute law firm in Michigan, helps clients resolve tax problems. We have helped many individuals successfully negotiate resolution to their IRS and other tax problems. Our services include: tax dispute, tax resolution, IRS taxes, IRS tax problem, offer in compromise, audit help, audit representation, criminal tax defense, injured spouse, innocent spouse, IRS agreements, tax installments, tax negotiations, IRS audit defense, IRS liens, tax returns, tax negotiation, payment plans, tax abatement, penalty abatements, IRS representation, wage garnishment, tax audits, tax petitions, tax lien, tax levy, payroll tax problems, trust fund, unpaid taxes
Service Areas include: Service Areas: Detroit MI, Troy MI, Bloomfield Hills MI, Birmingham MI, Auburn Hills MI, West Bloomfield MI, Bloomfield MI, Royal Oak MI, Southfield MI, Farmington Hills MI, Northville MI, Oak Park MI, Warren MI, Saint Clair Shoes MI, Ann Arbor MI, Walled Lake MI, Clinton Township MI, Wixom MI, Milford MI, Plymouth MI, Livonia MI, Westland MI, Dearborn MI, Novi MI, Ypsilanti MI, Wayne MI, Huntington Woods MI, Farmington MI, Canton MI, Rochester MI, Dearborn Heights MI, Clarkston MI, Oakland MI, New Hudson MI, Grosse Pointe Park MI, Grosse Pointe MI, Oakland County MI, Berkley MI, Ferndale MI, Commerce MI, Eastpointe MI, South Lyon MI, Hamtramck MI, Highland MI, Keego Harbor MI, Rochester Hills MI
Tax Resolution Services | Tax Disputes | IRS Tax Disputes